Soap Distillery, one of our FAVORITE brands here at MelJoy, has made their Rainbow Soap Bars again for Pride month and we are so excited to be able to carry them!! Four years ago, they started making these to donate to Broadway Youth Center (BYC) and they are doing it again, this time donating 20% of sales! The mission of BYC is to make life healthier and happier for young people (12-24) who are transgender, queer, lesbian, bisexual, gay, and especially young people who do not have stable housing. BYC sees anyone, regardless of ability to pay.
Here are some of the services provided by BYC:
- HIV/STI testing
- Health services clinic, including gender-affirming hormone therapy, PrEP, pregnancy tests, birth control options, vaccines, and basic needs medical care
- One-on-one assistance signing up for health insurance
- Resource advocacy, including ID replacement, housing referrals, food stamp and job application assistance
- Drop-in services (e.g., food, clothing, youth-led programming and leadership opportunities)
- GED program, high school and college tutoring, or college application and scholarship assistance
- Community Outreach and Education
- Behavioral Health Services
This soap smells of Lavender and Lemongrass. This high olive oil recipe makes this a milder bar, and it is inherently high in vitamin E. Cold process soaps also have naturally occurring glycerin, which draws moisture to your skin. These soaps are perfect for everyday use, all over the body. Approximately 4 oz.
Note: The packaging on the soaps says 15% not 20%. I have received confirmation from the vendor that they are donating 20% of sales this year, they just forgot to update the verbiage from last year on the soap containers.
Chicago based Soap Distillery was created because of a lack of product diversity within the natural soap world. Danielle - Soap Distillery's creator - knew that there could be more interesting options that were just as good. Her inspiration came from a cocktail she was drinking while trying to come up with scent ideas: an Old Fashioned. From there, Soap Distillery was born.
Fast forward 6 years and Soap Distillery is now a team that creates a myriad of natural and phthalate free products! Bar soaps, liquid wash, beard and hair care, and more. To this day, we still create everything by hand and everything from scratch. Having control over our ingredients is important and we bet you think so too.
We take sustainability seriously here. Our soap boxes are biodegradeable, and we do not use essential oils that are unsustainable to produce (think: sandalwood, palo santo, etc). Along with donating to local organizations like the Broadway Youth Center every year, we make sure that fun products like ours can also serve an important purpose, and a positive message to our fans and beyond!